Friday, December 15, 2023

Trade Me Anything XVII: #6

I'll interrupt the Card-vent Calendar to share this late-breaking bulletin.  A trade has arrived from Jeremy, Editor-in-Chief of the blog Topps Cards That Never Were.  Here are the details.

Giving:
#US298 Riley Greene, #US100 Jacob deGrom, #US87 Ryan Yarbrough, #US55 Taj Bradley

Getting:
A bunch of Younts
The two on the top are new to me  On the left is his 1992 Upper Deck card, but it's not the plain old one I already have several copies of, it's from the factory set, which was released with a gold foil hologram on each card, not the standard silver.  I went to check if I already had this, and I couldn't find the regular one in my 1975-1994 Yount binder.  All cards in there are grouped by year, and I didn't see it among the 1992 pages.  Fortunately, I had accidentally put it with the '91s, so all is well now, with both version in adjacent pockets.
 
2005 Donruss Team Heroes Bill Hall and Lyle Overbay
My best memories of Hall are those of the way fans at Miller Park reacted to him.  He was really a fan favorite whose time with the Brewers bridged the really boring, bad seasons of the early 2000s and the time the Brewers got exciting again in 2007 and 2008.  It was not uncommon to hear a chant for Hall when he came up to bat.  I don't know who started it, but I always enjoyed the staccato "Bill (clap-clap, clap) Hall (clap-clap, clap)" on those warm summer nights, nights before children when there was hope of staying past the fifth inning.  

Great cards that prompted great memories, thanks to you, Jeremy!

We now return to your regular scheduled scrolling.

1 comment: