Friday, December 15, 2023

2023 Card-vent Calendar: December 14

December 14, 2023:
2008 Donruss Americana II #HL-43 Edward G. Robinson Hollywood Legends (075/500) 
When you get a card like this, a fun little game to play is "How Many Have I Seen?"  I know for sure that it's a non-zero number, but I'd be surprised if it's anything more than one or two.  Let's consult IMDb.
 
 OK, going from going from the end of his filmography to the beginning, here's what I have seen Edward G. Robinson in:
1956 The Ten Commandments (Have I sat down and watched this from start to finish?  Probably not, but I'm sure I've caught most of this on TV broadcasts.)
1948 Key Largo (Saw this a few years ago.  He's absolutely menacing in it, and all the characters are stuck with him in a hotel during a hurricane.)
1944 Double Indemnity (Another one from a cheapo book from the '90s that's a list of home video classics that I'm slowly working my way through.)

And that's it.  If I'm aiming to double my output in the next year or so, I'd go with his breakout film Little Caesar, 1946's The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, and The Cincinnati Kid, in which he's a bit older and gets fifth billing after Steve McQueen, Ann-Margaret, Karl Malden, and Tuesday Weld. 

1 comment:

  1. I've seen the Cincinnati Kid. It's different than the book.
    I've also seen Key Largo and The Stranger.

    ReplyDelete