Sunday, December 19, 2021

Trade Me Anything XV: #4

 It's Sunday, and I'm currently staring at a three days on, TEN days off scenario, so things are looking up.  (Actually, I have to sign up for some BS professional development sessions for Thursday.  Plus, word is that the district will now consider you absent if your camera is turned off during these virtual courses.  So, it looks increasingly like whoever the facilitator is will get a good look at my face, which itself will be looking at reruns of The Office or something like that.)

This trade came from Mike, proprietor of the blog A Life Shaped by Baseball.  It has a very different vibe from most card blogs, very contemplative, almost melancholy.  I would recommend giving it a look.

Giving:
#86C-12 Javier Baez 1986 Topps 35th Anniversary Refractor
#BG-10 Aaron Judge Black Gold
 
Getting:
Lots of cards from my want list.  Among them...
1987 Fleer
2003 Topps Torii Hunter All-Star
1998 Bowman
1994 Topps
1985 Donruss
Maybe Rollie's most iconic card?
 
1980 Topps Dave Concepcion, 1982 Fleer Johnny Bench, 1996 Fleer E-motion XL Ivan Rodriguez
2008 Upper Deck

And as a nice bonus, one wrestling card, 1998 Topps WCW Jimmy Hart
 
I have to say this was a great and generous trade.  Thanks, Mike!
P.S. I am jealous of your precise, distinct printing style.  It's really a thing to behold.


 

 

1 comment:

  1. Ha, thanks. I am happy that the package got there safely and is of use to your set builds. That wrestling card randomly popped into a repack years ago and I have never followed it, but since I noticed wrestling stuff on your want lists, so I hoped that it could at least be appreciated by someone who knows more about the topic than names like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, and Andre the Giant.

    I like the descriptor of "melancholy," BTW. I can only imagine what adjectives would be used if I had kept writing consistently during the pandemic. ;) Thanks again so much for the trade.

    ReplyDelete