Sunday, December 19, 2021

2021 Card-vent Calendar: December 19

December 19, 2021:
1975-76 Topps #253 Al MacAdam
I don't know, just not buying that this guy played in the NHL.  That expression surely isn't doing him any favors.
The impression I'm getting is one of a sitcom baby brother, like that little shit who was the youngest on Malcolm In the Middle.  I'm also getting a hint of the guy who played Brodie the videographer on Homicide: Life on the Street, Max Perlich.  He exudes a palpable nervousness.  I want to see him do well in a game, but I'd always be worried he'd get hurt.  Al's Wikipedia bio says that he was "a tough and capable fighter."  Looks like he's produce more knock knees than knockouts.
 
Nice jersey, though.

1 comment:

  1. MacAdam's expression is priceless. Kinda reminds me of Screech's dad. Never watched them play (didn't start watching hockey until the Sharks arrived to SJ), but I'm a huge fan of anything and everything involving the Seals. Whenever I wear my jersey, someone will come up to me and comment.

    ReplyDelete