Wednesday, August 14, 2019

NSCC Fallout Pt. 8: Quarter Box Coma III

The quarter box continues to produce...

 2007 Fleer Ultra Lucky 13 Daisuke Matsuzaka
These Lucky 13's were base set slight short prints in '07 Ultra, and right at the time I got back into the hobby, there was no hotter rookie than Dice-K. It's amazing what twelve years can do, as I'm sure this card was going for $15-20 back then. If I ever decide to make a run at the set, I'll need this one and be glad I got it for a quarter.
   

1974 Topps Tony Perez
I just love those spring training shots where you can see for miles behind the player.
   

1994 Donruss Frank Thomas Long Ball Leaders
As a 1:12 insert, this would have been a special pull back in 1994. I bought a few packs of the stuff back then, but never got any of this insert. I would argue that 1994 Donruss is one of the best looking sets of the '90s, and the Long Ball Leaders, though text heavy, looked pretty good, too.


 2007 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects David Price Gold
The majority of this set, including base, chrome, and gold, is sitting in a box somewhere. I think once I finish something else, I'll put together a want list for it.
   

1977 Topps George Brett / Ken Brett Big League Brothers
Did a quick check after getting home. I had several of these brothers cards, but not this one. Happy to scoop it up.
 

1979 Topps Pete Rose
Wow, already 3,164 hits by this time, and it's not even the '80s.
   

1978 Topps Robin Yount
Another case of a card I already have, plus I've already completed the Topps set. This is something I can put on a table at a garage sale that some old guy will gladly pay $2 for.
   

2018-19 Panini Prizm Giannis Antetokounmpo
King of the city where I live, this card did not show up in the box I bought earlier, but now it's mine.


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment