Monday, August 26, 2019

CC: Still Unearthing More

2008 Topps Stadium Club #10 Yellow Printing Plate (1/1)
 

It makes me happy that these are still popping up from time to time (albeit several years apart, at this point). If you look at it one way, it encapsulates the quintessential collector's dilemma. Can you ever really collect ALL of something? Would you even want to? Even if you narrow the parameters of a collection, as I have, is the search ever truly over? Unless I acquire every Sabathia 1/1 I know about, I'll still be looking until I'm 80 years old, I believe. Deathbed Thorzul is going to be hitting whatever the equivalent of refresh is on his subcortical implant CPU hoping that someone finally decides to part with the cyan plate from '08 Topps Updates & Highlights. And I'm fine with that.



Chase what makes you happy, and hope you'll never run out of something to pursue. I know I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment