Sunday, December 4, 2022

2022 Card-vent Calendar: December 4

December 4, 2022:
1991 Starline Hollywood Walk of Fame #153 LeVar Burton
There are likely hundreds, if not thousands, of cards featuring LeVar Burton as Star Trek's Geordi La Forge.  You may even have a few of them.  But how many of you own a card featuring LeVar Burton as America's Favorite Person, LeVar Burton?  Not many, I'd venture.
 
Seriously, is there anyone more universally beloved than the esteemed Mr. Burton?  Can anyone make a legitimate gripe with the man?  I answer this in the negative.  Only a monster would even attempt to call out LeVar Burton.  I have half a mind to carry this card around with me in a top loader placed inside my shirt pocket at all times for inspiration and good luck, and there is no doubt in my mind that within the span of a week, this totem would save my life in an assassination attempt on the streets of Milwaukee, just like the lengthy speech and eyeglass case did for former President Theodore Roosevelt.  No doubt in my mind.
 
But you don't have to take my word for it.
 
See ya next time.

4 comments:

  1. Accepted the challenge, found someone who doesn't like him https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/reading-rainbow-owner-accuses-levar-burton-theft-extortion-lawsuit-1027372/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Fred Rogers postcard totem that operates similarly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have this card... but don't think I have a Geordi La Forge.

    ReplyDelete