Thursday, November 26, 2020

Trade Me Anything XIV: #3

 I got a box of stuff in the mail from Jon, the latest participant in this year's Trade Me Anything.
 
Giving:
#85TB-3 Yoshi Tsutsugo and #85TB-48 Austin Meadows 1985 Topps 35th Anniversary

Getting:
SNL: The Best of Christopher Walken DVD
Really looking forward to watching this one.  The making of The Continental has piqued my interest.

1989 Donruss #368 Danny Heep, #374 Carmen Castillo
A little while back I bought a large lot of cards.  In this lot was a nearly-complete 1989 Donruss set, missing just these two cards.  Perhaps now I can sell it off at the neighborhood rummage this spring, should the event be able to proceed as planned.

Atlantic Book Warehouse Bookmark
Had to do a little research on this one.  The ABW looks to have closed the last of its stores around the end of 2011.  It specialized in acquiring library books that were going out of circulation.  With most of the stores in eastern seaboard resort towns, they sold mainly to tourists looking to do a little beach reading.  I'd be interested to hear memories of the place if anyone's been to one before.

2008 Upper Deck Lot
Great to make more progress on this set.

SkyBox Sandman Promo Card
I must admit, I've never read an issue.  Seems like kind of a commitment at this point.

Cookie Fortune
I don't think this one will come true, my lucky number is not one of those listed on the back.

Some Hockey Cards
Hockey cards always look so cool.  It must be the ice. 

Thanks for a really excellent trade, Jon!

1 comment:

  1. There was an Atlantic Book Warehouse in Dover, Delaware back in the day. I worked in state government for a while and whenever I had to trek to Dover from the northern part of the state, I would stop and buy books. I don't remember library books but they always had remaindered books. It is that one where I got the bookmark. I felt it was time for me to let go.

    Thanks for the Rays cards, too!

    ReplyDelete