Monday, February 13, 2023

Completion! - 2019 Topps Opening Day

It's been a while since I've finished up a set.  In the past week I've picked up some cards, one of which changed that.  Here's the last one I needed.
 
Mascots #M-21 Phillie Phanatic
I started collecting this set after buying a couple of cheap boxes at the 2019 National, just for something to rip.  It's been a looooooong time since I collected the flagship Topps set, but the Opening Day set once a decade or so can scratch that previous itch.  For some reason, the Phanatic card commanded a premium much higher than the rest of the mascot inserts.  However, I waited it out and finally found one for a decent price.
Here is the sum total of this complete (by my standards) set:
*Base Set - 200 cards
*150 Years of Fun Insert - 25 cards
*Mascot Inserts - 25 cards
*Opening Day Inserts - 15 cards
*Team Traditions & Celebrations Inserts - 10 cards

All in all, a fun set that looks good in a 1-inch binder.

2 comments:

  1. 2019 is my favorite design from the last five years... and the mascots are always my favorite OD inserts. Congratulations on completing the set.

    ReplyDelete