Monday, February 27, 2023

CC: Ashy Lefty

Got a big one this time.
 
2020 Topps Now Turn Back the Clock #182 White Ash Parallel (2/3) PSA 9
Not sure of the point of grading a card such as this limited to three copies, especially if you're not 100% sure it's going to be a 10.  I'm guessing I paid as much for this one as I would have for a naked one, so scarce they are.  I had this on my watch list and it actually popped up a few months ago and I managed to win it.  The idea of adding bat wood parallels to a 1987 Topps homage set is pretty neat, especially because there are only two types to chase, and both are super limited.
I freed a Sabathia from its PSA prison back in the Thorzul Will Rule days, but this time I'm keeping this one intact.  I've got a nice shoebox going with a bunch of CCs in one-touch cases that this would go with nicely.

Note to Topps: Please stop making new CC Sabathia Brewers cards.  I'm at my Godfather III point already.

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome how far apart collectors can be on the spectrum in regards to grading cards. I'm with you in that I'd never spend money to get a card #'d to 3 graded. At the same time... I might have freed this from its case 15 years ago... but these days I'd just keep it in the holder too.

    ReplyDelete