Monday, February 20, 2023

Bidding Under the Influence #24

Date: February 3, 2023
Time of Bid: 9:36:58 PM
Card: 1995 Fleer Ultra #331 Alex Rodriguez
Price: $0.54 (+$0.99 Shipping)
What Was I Thinking?:
1995 was the first year since I began collecting that I didn't buy a single baseball card.  I wasn't part of the late-1994 emergence of A-Rod cards on the market, so therefore these early cards of his are still exotic and exciting to me.  Whereas 1995 Fleer proper is an eyesore of a set, this Ultra design is unassuming, yet striking, evoking the '90s foil boom without scorching the retinas.  I like this card, I love the teal jersey, and the price was something I could live with.

1 comment:

  1. The front design is solid, but the back screams mid 90's Fleer... which isn't necessarily a good thing.

    ReplyDelete