Thursday, January 12, 2023

Trade Me Anything XVI: #5

Longtime readers of this blog may recognize the name Zpop.  His trades are usually featured at the tail end of Trade Me Anything season, sometimes after pitchers and catchers report, and occasionally following the distribution of official MLB All-Star ballots.  I kid, but this year Zpop's trade arrived in December.  Let's check it out.
 
Giving:
#87TBU-22 Juan Soto 1987 Topps 35th Anniversary
#ASG-33 Juan Soto All-Star
#PP-6 George Brett Paragons of the Postseason
 
Getting:
Diamond Dishes by Julia Loria (2011)
A series of 20 puff pieces about major leaguers and their favorite dishes to prepare.  My resolution this year will be to make one of the recipes from this book.  Adrian Gonzalez's rib-eye soft tacos seems a likely candidate, but I know in my heart that it's actually going to be Roy Halladay's (RIP) peanut butter and chocolate shake.  
Sorry, but I won't be caught dead fixing up Joe Mauer's hot dish surprise.  No.  No fucking way.
2006 Playoff Prime Cuts Ben Sheets Jersey (02/50)
2020 Topps Museum Collection Primary Pieces Quad Relic (20/75)
My Brewers have got to find a way to get this guy into more than 80 games this season.  A hot Hiura would be a wonderful thing in 2023.

Thanks for the trade, Zpop!  I want to send you the card you requested last year, but my 2021 Update cards are MIA.  Maybe I will find it by next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment