Monday, July 5, 2021

Bidding Under the Influence #4: Biddus Interruptus

Sometimes, even within the context of what appears to be an automated system, things don't go according to plan.  This is the story of such an event.
 
Date: June 30, 2021 
Time of Bid: 12:23:31 AM
Cards: 1991 Fleer #29 Michael Jordan, #220 Michael Jordan League Leaders
Price: $3.25 (+ free shipping)
Status: CANCELLED 
What Was I Thinking?:
I don't know, seemed like a good price for a couple of MJ cards I've never owned.  To get two of them for less than $2.00 apiece, this seemed like a fortunate find.  I made my bid, then went to bed before the auction ended.
 
I would have been the winner, but when I woke up and checked my email, I found that my winning bid had been canceled.  Bogus.  The reason given was a vague "Out of stock or damaged" excuse.  One more fait accompli in a long line of many.  Shurg. (sic)
 
To continue the use of Latin phrases, I would have appreciated a mea culpa on the part of seller madhousemerchants, but no such thing happened.  Therefore, I am just left to assume that they are a dirtbag organization run by dunderheads, and they do not deserve your business.
 
It would have been nice to have those Jordans. 

Caveat emptor.

 

2 comments:

  1. Bummer. If you can deal with their shipping delays... you can probably get both of those cards for about the same price on COMC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call shenanigans. Not the first time I've heard (or seen) an Ebay seller back out of a sale because they didn't get as much as they were expecting. It happened to me with a Carey Price RC last year, and now that card sells for 3-4 x what I would have paid. Bullpucky!

    ReplyDelete