Saturday, November 11, 2023

Want Some Aces?

Last night Mrs. Thorzul did her usual Friday night thing, which is get together with other women, exercise, then drink wine and eat sushi immediately thereafter.  I was home with the kids, so it was pizza night.  The pizza place wasn't far from a thrift store, so I ordered, killed the wait time by shopping, then picked up my carryout order.  (Side note: Gosh, isn't it nice when your children get old enough that you can leave them home for a few hours and not have to worry?  I think we're officially out of the suck.)
 
At the thrift store, I picked up a few nice items to resell, including a Coleman Lil' Oscar cooler for $2.99.  It's identical to the one I acquired in a similar fashion several years ago and have used countless times.  Just a dependable, quality item for keeping booze cold when you're on the go.
 
There was one item I picked up just before leaving that was a nice find: A set of 1994 Major League Baseball Aces Playing Cards.  The box was sort of beat up, and I had trouble getting the packaging tape that was wrapped around it off, but everything inside is in immaculate condition.
The makers of this set ("Those SOB's down at Bicycle," as some would say) were kind enough to include a checklist card of sorts, letting buyers know who is included in the set.  A quick scan lets us know that there are no Milwaukee Brewers to be found here.  Makes sense.  Yount retired at the end of the 1993 season, and Molitor left for Toronto before that.  From that strike year until about 2007 the Brewers franchise was completely irrelevant to baseball.

Since there are no Brewers, what I'd like to do is offer you a chance at picking up one or more of these cards for your collection at a price that beats the current market rate.  For $1.00 each, you may select any card(s) of your choice, first come, first served, by leaving a comment as to the player(s) you want.  After making the claim, please sent $1.00 for each card to the following PayPal address (Friends and Family, please): bill13boehm at yahooDOTcom 

The payment includes the cost of shipping.  Please include a note with your mailing address on it, as well as a reminder of who you picked.  Screen names and real names often don't match up so well, and I'd rather not have to do any detective work to get cards to the right buyer.

I'll be adding to the list below of already claimed players once payments start being made.  I'm also hanging on to one card for myself.  Happy collecting, folks!

PLAYERS CLAIMED:
Ken Griffey, Jr.

1 comment: