Saturday, November 26, 2022

Trade Me Anything XVI: #1

On the days leading up to Thanksgiving, I started seeing packages pile up at the front door.  It was a short, two-day school week, but we had some sick kids in the house, so what should have been an easy week became a blur.  We had to get ready to travel up north, cram far too many visits into a short stay, then get back to Milwaukee, so there was no time for any TMA until today.  But now it's time.  Let the cartoons... begin.
 
The first trade of anything came from Jim, of whom I always think when I drive past a large water tower with WOODBURY painted on it.

Giving:
1987 Topps 35th Anniversary Refractor #T87C-15 Will Smith, 1987 Topps 35th Anniversary Silver Refractor #T87C-33 Jose Miranda (053/199),  #ASG-17 Ronald Acuna, Jr. All-Star, #GN-81 Joe Ryan Generation Now

Getting:
Lot of 11 2022 Topps Update Cards
I certainly do love knocking cards off the want list.
 
Field of Dreams Beer Coaster
This is a neat little memento.

A Bunch of Brewers
As usual, I will show off five of my favorites.
1981 Topps Jim Gantner AUTO
I remember returning to school one year in junior high when a friend of mine entertained me with tales of staying at some lake house/resort.  That summer at the lake he fell in love with some chick, but he had a rival for her affections.  He and this other boy were locked in a week-long battle to woo the same girl.  For the life of me I can't remember who came out on top, but I do recall that this romantic rival was supposedly Jim Gantner's nephew.  True story?

1993 Topps Gold Kenny Felder
Kenny was the second Felder in the Brewers organization in a short amount of time.  Mike "Tiny" Felder was a dependable outfielder who was famously shown blowing a bubble on his 1990 UD card, but left the team after the 1990 season.  Kenny, however, progressed only as far as AA ball, one of myriad reasons why my team had to wait 26 years between playoff appearances.

2022 Topps 1987 Topps 35th Anniversary Refractor Andrew McCutchen
Just a fun guy to have on the team last year.  Will he be back?

2022 Topps Pristine Corbin Burnes
Those All-Star uniforms were as ugly as the second half of the Brewers' season.  Let's start and finish strong in 2023.

2019 Topps Pristine Christian Yelich
There was a span of time when I was sure Yelich was going to be considered the best Brewer of all time.  Sadly, his flame has flickered out, and I don't think he's going to light it again.  I'd love to be wrong about this.

This was a great trade, Jim.  Please enjoy your cards as much as I do mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment