Saturday, January 1, 2022

Trade Me Anything XV: #6

 I believe this is the last trade on the pile that I've yet to post.  This one comes from Jon.

Giving:
#86C-27 Jonathan India 1986 Topps 35th Anniversary Chrome
#86B-19 Jonathan India 1986 Topps 35th Anniversary

Getting:
1944 World Champions Replica Ring SGA
This is easily the most interesting item in the trade.  It was at the bottom of the cardboard shipping box, and in the low light I initially misread the year as 1994.  I didn't even question that this would be something the Cardinals franchise would do, declare themselves World Series champions for a season that was never finished.  "That ballclub in St. Louis," it's been said, "they do stadium giveaways THE RIGHT WAY."

Montreal Expos from various want lists
Always appreciated.  Stop and consider how big a star Tim Raines would be if he played today.

1991 Topps and Fleer Rack Packs
Could there be original treasure lurking inside the Topps pack?

Three 1991 Topps Stadium Club Series 2 Packs
This is a set I have never finished, so these should be fun to open some rainy day.

 Excellent stuff, Jon!  I hope you enjoy the cards of your namesake.

No comments:

Post a Comment