Monday, November 15, 2021

Bidding Under the Influence #10

Date: October 2, 2021
Time of Bid: 9:56:11 PM
Card: 1995 Fleer Major League Prospects #7 Derek Jeter
Price: $0.54 (+ $1.55 shipping)
What Was I Thinking?:
Most collectors know that 1995 Fleer is a hideously designed set.  And as far as inserts go, this one hurts the eyes almost as much as the base cards do.  It's almost never a good idea to print the same word(s) over and over again as an aesthetic choice.  In fact, this card reminds me of a store I often drive past.  It's this crummy little shop that sells replacement parts for appliances.  I would see it every time I went to the gym, but since I dropped my membership several years ago, I don't see it quite as often.  Its signage, however, is still burned into my brain.
Why the word "PARTS" is repeated ad infinitum at one end of the building, the world may never know.  It must work, though, since that place appears to be going strong since I moved into the area almost 20 years ago.  That Jeter guy turned out to be pretty OK, too.

 

2 comments:

  1. Questionable design or not... this is a nice pickup. Hard to pass up a mid 90's insert that's also an early card of a first ballot hall of famer.

    ReplyDelete