Friday, May 8, 2020

Death Stare Workout Mix #1

So I did one of these back in the Thorzul Will Rule days.  Basically I strap on my iPod Nano, set it to shuffle, and see what comes out during my run through the neighborhood.  Usually it's an eclectic mix of enjoyable sounds.

Link to YouTube playlist.

Commentary
1. “Moon River” - Vince Guaraldi Trio
Not the best song to get you going, but I had to adhere to my “no skips” rule to maintain the integrity of this mix.

2. “Tear You Apart” - She Wants Revenge
Very aggressive song about an unhealthy relationship. This song has apparently gotten a lot of play on various shows/movies.

3. “The Rat” - The Walkmen
Good song for running, and kind of the perfect song to follow “Tear You Apart,” since it’s the quintessential breakup song. There’s an amazing line at the bridge that’s very appropriate for living through a global pandemic: “When I used to go out I'd know everyone I saw Now I go out alone if I go out at all.”

4. “Circle of Friends” - Better Than Ezra
Direct from the Empire Records soundtrack, pure ‘90s goodness.

 5. “Luno” - Bloc Party
Good uptempo song.

 6. “Handsworth Riot” - Pato Banton
Amazing song about riots in Birmingham in the 1980s. Easily the best song on this mix. I look forward to playing this at a backyard barbecue when those things can happen again.

7. “All the Champs That Ever Lived” by The Octopus Project
Drum and bass. Decent enough.

8. “Segue 1” - Failure
Unremarkabe instrumental cut.

 9. “Say Hello” - Deep Dish Excellent song for the home stretch. Got back home and sat on my porch to listen to the last thirty seconds.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment