Friday, January 3, 2020

Top Pulls of 2019: #3

Two-tie, all-tie!
(Anyone else familiar with that expression?  My dad used to say it all the time.  Drop a comment if you can relate.)
We have two cards coming at the third slot this year.

Card: 2018 Topps NXT #A-BY Bayley AUTO Silver Parallel (25/25)

2018 Topps NXT #A-VD Velveteen Dream AUTO Bronze Parallel (82/99)

From: Hobby Box
Why I Like Them:
2019 was kind to both of these performers.  Dream dominated the first half of the year in NXT.  I got to see him wrestle Adam Cole in a small venue in Milwaukee, and he lit the place up.  Bayley had the stronger second half of the year after making a major heel turn.  Her signature is quite a bit better than Velveteen's, but his minimalist sig's placement kind of makes a dong.  "Sidepipe," as my cousin Marc would call it.  Either way, I'm happy to have these cards, both of which were pulled from the same box.  Bayley's is a bit better because of the lower print run, but both are awesome.  I'm not happy with the configuration of 2019 Topps NXT.  The price is cut in half compared to previous years, but there are only two autos per box now, as opposed to ten before.  I would recommend jumping on 2018 NXT boxes, as they're sort of drying up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment